OTHER PHILL BLOGS

May 31, 2008

CHEROKEE DINNER CONCERT

Last evening Cissy and I had the pleasure to attend the spring dinner concert of the Cherokee Chorale (http://www.cherokeechorale.org/). After a very delicious buffet dinner we heard musical selections of Cole Porter and Johnny Mercer.

The singers were all dressed in clothes of the era. Besides the whole chorale we heard solos, duets, trios, as well as the men singing “Jeepers Creepers” and the women singing “Ac-cent-tchu-ate the Positive.”

All the music was great and entertaining. Favorites for me were songs that I knew, like “I Love Paris,” “Summer Wind,” “Moon River,” “Begin the Beguine,” and “Night and Day.”

I took some photos in a discrete way by propping my little pocket camera on my knee with no flash. The quality is not so great, but hopefully the images give an idea of the splendid production. As to quantity, my vantage point did not reflect the size of the Chorale with 49 singers.


No comments: