OTHER PHILL BLOGS

December 27, 2007

SUNRISE

If you search my blog you will find many references to the mountains and the beach. Both places have appeal to me with their own unique displays of beauty and power and majesty.

I was at the beach last week and will go again next week. Though “our place in the sun” is a six hour drive, every time I arrive I have no doubt the distance is worth the difference for a changed perspective.

To get up and watch the sunrise is a special time of day for me. Darkness dissipates and gives way to a new day being created. Below is a sunrise I saw last week.


I think of the words of Malachi written in the last book of the Old Testament:

"For behold, the day is coming, burning like a furnace; and all the arrogant and every evildoer will be chaff; and the day that is coming will set them ablaze," says the LORD of hosts, "so that it will leave them neither root nor branch." “But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall.”


I will greet this day with the help and healing of the Son who is risen and living in me!

No comments: