OTHER PHILL BLOGS

November 23, 2007

THANKSGIVING 2007

What makes a difference on Thanksgivng Day?
Tonight as I read some prayers of the Apostle Paul I noticed what makes Thanksgiving real and alive and meaningful.

"I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone." (1 Timothy 2:1)

"I do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers." (Ephesians1:16)

"I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy." (Philippians 1:3)

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."
(Philippians 4:6)

"Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving." (Colossians 4:2)

"You also helping together in prayer for us, that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the gift granted to us through many."
(2 Corinthians 1:11)

"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)

Reading these prayers I see the Apostle Paul was thankful to God for people. PEOPLE make the difference at Thanksgiving.


In the photo above the table is set for our Thanksgiving meal today. But what makes the act of thanksgiving real and personal are the PEOPLE around the table in the photo below!

No comments: