OTHER PHILL BLOGS

July 20, 2008

SUMMER BREEZE

On Saturday Cissy and I drove 500 miles from Amelia Island in Florida, where we had been for the last week, to get to The Reserve in South Carolina. I was the guest minister for ReserveWorship on Sunday morning. I presented "The First Settler's Story" poem as an illustration of how the Word of God tells us to carefully choose our words.

Late Sunday afternoon we returned home. Despite having no rain for the last week I am pleased the grass still looked healthy and green. Our large gardenia bush is full of fragrant blooms. A added bonus is to see the jasmine plant ready to burst into bloom again.

One of my favorite summer songs is "Summer Breeze" performed by Seals and Crofts. I found the video below on youtube submitted by "Marie."


In the 96 degree heat today it is a cooling thought. I am also reminded of the settler's story I told this morning. As a tragic result of his wrong choice of words, the man's life was changed by the loss of his wife. He missed the "preferred future" of a blissful summer breeze with his love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.