OTHER PHILL BLOGS

March 5, 2008

NEW LIFE

There is something about human nature that likes new things. For some it is the smell of the interior a new car. For others it might be the ... style of new clothes … design of a new home … joy of a new baby … inspiration in a new church … thrill of a new relationship.

I am pumped this time of year by the approach of a new season – Spring! As I walk in my yard today, I see the daffodils and crocuses blooming, the tulips and iris are pushing out of the ground, and the forsythia is soon to burst into bloom. Trees and bushes sport new growth. I feel like singing with the birds a new song.


Spring is also the season of Easter. At Easter I remember anew the life of Christ. Jesus declared that he offered new wine, a new command (“love one another, even as I have loved you”), and a new covenant with God. He was buried in a new tomb. His disciples taught a new heaven and new earth were coming.

I think the greatest “new” thing offered to us by Christ is described by the Apostle Paul. He wrote, “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come."
Webfetti.com

The cold of winter "kills" the plant but in the spring a new shoot is pushed up from the earth. Hate and jealousy and evil crucified Jesus, and he was buried, but the Spirit raised him from the dead. Because of sin I was dead in my spirit, but by the grace of God working through the mighty power of the Spirit, I have a new life.

The Apostle Paul wrote it like this, "But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you."


I like that! I can jump for joy! I experience the reality that God is still in the business of creating. Wow! I get to face each new day as a new person. Life is good. God is good!

No comments: