OTHER PHILL BLOGS

March 9, 2008

MORNING RESOLVE

Today we rolled the clocks forward one hour for daylight savings time. Did you get enough sleep last night?Webfetti.com


Sleeping rightly is one of the objectives of “A Morning Resolve.” The Reverend Kammy Young, rector of St. George Episcopal Church at Fort George Island, Florida, shares “A Morning Resolve” she has been working on during the Lenten season. I think her words are a worthy resolve for any day for any person.

I will try this day to live a simple, sincere and serene life,

repelling promptly every thought of discontent, anxiety, discouragement, impurity, and self-seeking;

cultivating cheerfulness, magnanimity, charity, and the habit of holy silence;

exercising economy in expenditure,
generosity in giving,
carefulness in conversation,
diligence in appointed service,
fidelity to every trust, and
a childlike faith in God.

In particular I will try to be faithful in those habits of prayer, work, study, physical exercise, eating, and sleep which I believe the Holy Spirit has shown me to be right.

And as I cannot in my own strength do this, nor even with a hope of success attempt it, I look to thee, O Lord God my Father, in Jesus my Savior, and ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit.

No comments: