OTHER PHILL BLOGS

March 16, 2008

DAILY DEVOTIONS

One of my daily disciplines is to have a devotional time with God. Some days it is a few minutes, other days it is a few hours. The two basic components are Bible reading and prayer.

Beyond the Bible and hymnals, a helpful tool for me over the years is the devotional classic My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers. It is a Christian classic with millions of copies in print. It is also available online daily.
http://www.rbc.org/utmost/index.php

Prayer for certain ministries is also part of my daily devotional. As a reminder I keep the prayer cards with photos of three couples involved in international missions in my devotional book. Also enclosed is a daily guide for a ministry in India. Daily I receive an email with requests from Brazil.

Of course, there are other times during the day when I might read the Bible. Certainly, I seek to remain in an attitude of prayer no matter where I am or what I am doing.

Having served as a missionary in Brazil that country will always be in my heart. Below is a video of a sample ministry in Brazil.

No comments: